In a nutshell
Title: Educational Specialist
Role: Responsible for taking our clients through the full sales cycle from introduction (outreach) to closing and renewal
Location: US, East Coast. Around 3 days per week will involve traveling. Must live near a main US airport.
Days/week: Full Time
The Who, What, Where, When & Why
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of the Educational Specialist team at Oxford Medical Simulation, improving patient care through exceptional educational services.
OMS Educational Specialists forge links with healthcare institutions, work with them to understand their needs, then demonstrate, implement and support the use of virtual reality simulation. This is primarily a consultative sales role. Educational Specialists are dynamic, self-motivated, empathetic to the needs of clients and dedicated to helping them achieve optimal educational results. In addition to supporting the integration of virtual simulation through the OMS Distance platform and live VR experiences, Educational Specialists support institutions through curriculum planning and ongoing live and virtual support.
No experience of VR is needed and all your training is provided by a close-knit team of clinicians and simulation experts with the objective to build expertise in virtual reality, simulation-based education and curriculum.
The OMS Educational Specialist team is dedicated to delivering quality clinical training to healthcare professionals across the UK and US.
Because of you, patients’ lives will be saved.
Who you are:
- You must be a trained Doctor, Nurse or come from a simulation background
- Have a passion for or experience in medicine, nursing, simulation learning design or debriefing.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills. You are a natural people-person who’s great at building rapport, and communicating in person, on the phone or via emails
- You love driving and the idea of a job where you get to travel the country
- You are happy to be on the road approx. 3 days a week with some overnight stays if required
- You have a strong work ethic, integrity and desire to succeed
- You are curious, an excellent listener, and able to consult with a broad range of individuals to find the best solution for them.
- You are enthusiastic, flexible and always learning.
- You are driven and self-motivated, and pretty fearless. You thrive in new challenges
- You are keen to work in a fast-paced, high-growth start-up environment
Bonus points for:
- Experience in simulation sales.
What will you be doing:
- You’ll be working within a close knit team of Simulation Sales Experts. They will show you the ropes and help you support and in time manage every aspect of the sales cycle including:
- Prospecting, initiating and nurturing business relationships to generate new business opportunities - You’ll work with our Educational Specialist team to identify and develop links with clients including colleges, universities, hospitals and simulation centers
- Performing outbound activities (cold calls and emails) to build the revenue pipeline
- Targeting key decision-makers, determining buying readiness and timelines
- Preparing and presenting OMS product demonstrations ( in person where VR can really come to life)
- Quoting, contracting and invoicing clients
- Closing deals and preparing clients for implementation
- Proactively engaging with colleges, universities, hospitals and simulation centres who could benefit from the implementation of virtual or VR simulation in their programs.
- Capturing and managing information/data/metrics in our CRM system
- Working with clients to improve learner engagement, satisfaction and educational outcomes.
- Attending events, and conferences and networking- taking all opportunities to showcase OMS scenarios at their best
OMS: Who we are
We are nurses, doctors, educators, sim techs, skiers, boarders, runners, rowers, magicians, weavers, pilots, photographers, game heroes, climbers, movie buffs, developers, artists, animators and innovators. We are hard working. We are passionate about what we do. We care about the work. We care about each other. We care about pushing the boundaries to improve the lives of others.
We value these behaviors above all:
- Care & Pride - we take care and pride in everything we do
- Growth mindset - we push the boundaries so we are adaptive, inventive and always learning
- One Team - we are in it together, mucking in and supporting each other with humour and humility
Sound like a challenge you are ready for?
About Oxford Medical Simulation
OMS helps health systems, hospitals, medical and nursing schools deliver quality simulation at scale.
Our award-winning VR simulation platform is transforming the way healthcare and educational institutions train, assess and recruit healthcare professionals. By combining cutting edge 3D visualization with artificial intelligence and leading educational theory, OMS delivers all of the benefits of physical simulation while delivering significant savings and improving patient care.
Founded in 2017 and commercially launching the award-winning OMS Platform in late 2018, Oxford Medical Simulation (OMS) has experienced rapid growth with deployments spanning the globe across the NHS, Health Education England, Oxford University, multiple US universities and health systems and the world’s #1 paediatric hospital. OMS was named in the Top 50 Tech Companies 2019 by Business Cloud and was a finalist in the Global VR Awards 2019 & 2020. Won EdTech of the Year Award for the British Data Awards 2021. Shortlisted for the best use of VR/AR at Go Tech 2021.
OMS is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. OMS is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- 38 days paid leave
- Medical Insurance + additional benefits
- Knowing that you are making a real difference
- High specification laptop and Oculus headset
- Travel expenses covered
Due to a high number of applications we will only be accepting job applications through our website. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.