Senior/Mid Frontend Developer- Virtual Reality (Remote Working)
Product · UK Fully Remote
Join our growing team of software engineers and seed new tech projects!
In a nutshell
Title: Senior/Mid Frontend Developer
Remote: UK (fully remote working)
Days/week: Full Time
The Who, What, Where, When & Why
We are Skiers / Boarders, Runners, Rowers, Pilots, Midwives, Magicians, Weavers, Photographers, Game heroes, Doctors, Movie Buffs, Nurses, and every other variety of people. We are hard-working. We are passionate about what we do. We care about the work. We care about each other. We care about pushing the envelope and we care about using our working lives to make the world a better place. OMS helps health systems, hospitals, medical and nursing schools deliver training and assessment better, cheaper, faster and at scale.
Our award-winning simulation platform is transforming the way healthcare and educational institutions train, assess, and recruit healthcare professionals. By combining cutting-edge 3D visualisation with artificial intelligence and leading educational theory, OMS delivers all of the benefits of physical simulation whilst delivering significant savings and improving patient care.
Founded in 2017 and commercially launching the award-winning OMS Platform in late 2018, OMS has experienced significant triple-digit growth with deployments spanning more than 100 Healthcare institutions around the world including the NHS, NYU, Oxford, Health Education England and the world’s #1 pediatric hospital. OMS was named in the Top 50 Tech Companies 2019 by Business Cloud and was a finalist in the Global VR Awards 2019 & 2020. We have also been shortlisted for the Go Tech Awards and British Data Awards 2021.
Oxford Medical Simulation is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Oxford Medical Simulation is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
About the role:
This is an amazing opportunity to join our rapidly growing team as a Frontend developer at Oxford Medical Simulation. Working directly with our lead Frontend Engineer you will be instrumental in the development of a new application to help create our award-winning clinical VR scenarios, used by learners all over the world.
Because of you, OMS is delivering more training, more quickly, to those that need it in healthcare and healthcare education globally.
- You will be instrumental in the development of new complex business-critical web applications
- Contribute towards the creation of the front end of the web application, including front end architecture
- Collaborate closely and pair with product designers to design systems
- Provide front end engineering advice and be involved in wider technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at large
- Work closely with the back-end team on API specification and integration.
- You love learning and are capable of self-guided study
- You relish the opportunity to take ownership of significant parts of our application including the front-end architecture.
- You are an excellent communicator and are able to, as well as enjoy, working with non-technical people on technical issues.
- You want to be part of a team using cutting-edge tech for good.
- Strong React skills
- Stong Redux Skills or (other state management)
- HTML and CSS knowledge
- Some exposure to C#, .NET Core and .NET Standard
- Visual Studio 2019
- Source code versioning using Github
- Experience using Dapper for database communication.
- Experience with Docker and DockerHub
- Experience with Figma
- Experience with XML, XSLT and SVG
- An understanding of browser optimisation techniques and responsive design.
- You have knowledge of Redux, or any other state management library for React.
- Experience with REST, GraphQL or gRPC.
- You have worked with AWS before and are willing to learn more about DevOps.
- 38 days annual leave
- Remote working as a standard
- Pension Plan
- Knowing that you are contributing to something that will really make a difference.