Senior ASP.NET Core Engineer- VR Simulation (Remote Working)
Product Fully Remote
In a nutshell
Title: Senior ASP.NET Web Developer
Days/week: Full Time
The Who, What, Where, When & Why
This is an amazing opportunity to join our rapidly growing team as a Senior ASP.NET Core Engineer at Oxford Medical Simulation. You will be reporting directly to our lead engineer and be instrumental in the development of a new application to help create our award-winning clinical VR scenarios, used by learners all over the world.
Because of you, OMS is delivering more training, more quickly, to those that need it in healthcare and healthcare education globally.
Who you are:
- You love learning new technologies and able to undertake self-guided study
- You love the opportunity to take ownership of significant parts of our application.
- You are an excellent communicator and are able to, and enjoy, working with non-technical people on technical issues.
- You want to be part of a team using cutting edge tech for good.
What you will be doing:
- You will be instrumental in the development of a new complex web application
- You may be doing any of the following: creating and owning new features, creating and changing tables and views in the database, writing classes for data exchange with the database or writing and maintaining APIs for database access.
About Oxford Medical Simulation
OMS helps health systems, hospitals, medical and nursing schools deliver training and assessment better, cheaper, faster and at scale.
Our award-winning simulation platform is transforming the way healthcare and educational institutions train, assess and recruit healthcare professionals. By combining cutting edge 3D visualisation with artificial intelligence and leading educational theory, OMS delivers all of the benefits of physical simulation whilst delivering significant savings and improving patient care.
Founded in 2017 and commercially launching the award-winning OMS Platform in late 2018, OMS has experienced significant triple-digit growth with deployments spanning more than 100 Healthcare institutions around the world including the NHS, NYU, Oxford, Health Education England and the world’s #1 pediatric hospital.
OMS was named in the Top 50 Tech Companies 2019 by Business Cloud and have recently been announced as finalists in the 4th International VR Awards 2020.
Oxford Medical Simulation is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Oxford Medical Simulation is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Who we are
We are Skiers / Boarders, Runners, Rowers, Pilots, Midwives, Magicians, Weavers, Photographers, Game heroes, Doctors, Movie Buffs, Nurses, and every other variety of people. We are hard-working. We are passionate about what we do. We care about the work. We care about each other. We care about pushing the envelope and we care about using our working lives to make the world a better place.
We value these behaviours above all:
- Care & Pride - when we do something we do it to the best of our ability
- Growth mindset - we may never have done it before but we’ll figure it out and be great
- True team players - we leave the ego at the door. What we are doing is bigger than any of us.
Sound like you?
- Strong C# skills
- .NET Core and .NET Standard
- Visual Studio 2019
- Comfortable with using the debugger in Visual Studio.
- Experience with Docker and DockerHub
- Experience working with Dapper for database communication.
- SQL generic knowledge
- Source code versioning using Github.
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Experience with SQL Server specifically.
- SQL query optimization.
- SQL Server Administration experience.
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 and ClientID.
- Experience with REST, GraphQL or gRPC.
- Experience with React
- 38 days annual leave (incl. public holidays)
- Remote, flexible working as a standard (we were remote long before COVID)
- Knowing that you are contributing to something that will really make a difference.
- Additional benefits dependent on location